Monday, February 10, 2014

A Little Guide To Valentine's Day 2014

Whether you like it or not, Valentine's day is approaching quickly! Chances are, if you're in a relationship or dating, you may or may not have already thought about how you're going to spend Valentine's day this year. If not, don't fear, here's some ideas I've come across to help you get in the mood for love this weekend. 

The MAKEUP 

I found this look from one of my favorite Youtube beauty vlogger Nicole Guerriero. If you haven't checked out her channel on youtube, you're missing out on some amazing tutorials! Check out this orange, sultry look perfect for a date with your valentine!


The LOOK

Ok so #funfact: I hate pink. I've always hated pink. Personally, I don't think the color looks good on me so typically I avoid it at all costs. People tend to go very pink on Valentine's Day but you don't necessarily have to be a super girly pink princess just because it's the day of love. There are ways to look chic and fashionable without the pink/hearts/red lips overload. Here's what I have in mind instead:

This super ddorable tribal romper from Asos.com is perfect for any casual setting. Ditch the hat and pair it with heels and a black leather jacket to dress it up!

This Knit Rib Midi dress from LoveCulture.com is super sexy paired with black, strappy heels. It can also be dressed down with flat lace-up sandals and chunky accessories if your plans are more casual.

The SHOES

My obsession at the moment are these Zara lace-up booties. I'm not typically a shoe person but for these... *Rachel Zoe voice* I die.




The GIFT 

We can't forget about the reason for the holiday! Love, of course!

Shopping for a guy is usually pretty easy because most of the time, they don't expect anything anyway. But the truth is, everyone likes getting gifts. So what do you get your sweetie for Vday?Guys love getting things they usually have to shop for. Put together a basket full of all of his favorite body washes, deodorants, hair gel, razors, after shave, his favorite magazine, etc. etc. Once you've stocked up on all his manly needs, personalize the basket with a custom photo of you together which can be printed on a mouse pad, coasters, or coffee mug! Check out CVSphoto.com to order online.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and feel free to share any ideas you also have! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment